What is BootStrap?
It a front-end open source toolkit for rapidly developing web applications. It is a collection of CSS (CSS3) and HTML(HTML5) conventions.
It uses some of the latest browser techniques to provide you with stylish typography, forms, buttons, tables, grids, navigation and everything else you need in a super tiny (only 6k with gzip) resource.
Technologies used in it?
HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, jQuery (but not limited to these J )
- By nerds, for nerds! Built at Twitter by @mdo and @fat, Bootstrap utilizes LESS CSS, is compiled via Node, and is managed through GitHub to help nerds do awesome stuff on the web.
- Made for everyone! Bootstrap was made to not only look and behave great in the latest desktop browsers (as well as IE7!), but in tablet and smartphone browsers via responsive CSS as well.
- A clean and uniform solution to the most common, everyday interface tasks developers come across
- Light weight, Easy & faster development
- Well tested across OSs & Browsers ( ie6 users please excuse J )
I want to try!
· Site : http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/
· Download : http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/
· Get Started : http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/getting-started.html
· Complete Documents : http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/scaffolding.html
Note, the above sites/links itself built in bootstrap.