On March 27, 2010 the whole world will come together and turn off the lights for an hour to express solidarity and commitment towards Mother Earth. The Earth Hour, an initiative by World Wildlife Fund (WWF) is a reminder to all global citizens of the challenges posed by climate change.
The Earth hour is symbolic of the small but substantial steps that each one of us can take towards a sustainable future. Read below some simple energy saving steps for a greener tomorrow.
- Turn off the monitor instead of using a screensaver
- Lower down the brightness of your monitor
- Use built in power saving features
- While not using printers, scanners and speakers turn them off
- Turn off the computer, while taking a long break!